Benefits of standing wheelchair
The standing wheelchair allows users to have: equal interpersonal relationships, starting from shortening the distance between eyes. The standing wheelchair can be used as an extended rehabilitation after discharge from the hospital. It can stand up and sit down independently, and can enter and exit the home space as desired. and slow down functional decline.
Standing wheelchairs are suitable for:
1. Caregivers are unable to regularly help users reduce stress
2. Unable to receive around-the-clock nursing assistance and allow users to arrange their lives independently
3. It is hoped that standing will improve the three major circulatory systems and slow down their functions.
4. Users who need regular standing training
Center of gravity design of standing wheelchair
The center of gravity of a standing wheelchair is the same as that of the human body. It is usually driven by front-wheel drive. Its small turning radius allows you to quickly shuttle through indoor environments.
A picture to understand the benefits of standing
- Improve life functions and strengthen psychological self-confidence
- Improve the sequelae caused by sitting for a long time, effectively promote the function of the circulatory system, and maintain physical and mental health
- Reduce leg osteoporosis, muscle atrophy, joint stiffness, bedsores, chest pressure, lower limb edema, postural hypotension, frequent urination or difficulty urinating
Standing wheelchairs are not suitable for the following situations:
- The hip joint is restricted and unable to stretch.
- Severe postural hypotension.
- Lower limb joint problems (recovery period after artificial joint surgery, joint instability, joint contracture).
- Severe osteoporosis of the lower limbs.
- Severe abnormal reflexes that cannot be alleviated by training.
It is recommended to purchase a standing wheelchair after evaluation by a therapist.
When using it for the first time, please lift it in stages to allow the body that has been sitting for a long time to slowly get used to the change of posture and avoid causing intense nerve reflexes. It is recommended that the therapist or professional technician guide and operate it so that the rider can enjoy standing with peace of mind. Get up with joy.
Through clinical use of 2 to 3 times of tracking and fine-tuning, the maximum effect can be achieved. When using it outdoors, please avoid driving when the standing function is enabled to prevent bumps and dumping.
The above adjustment functions require the use of tools. Please seek assistance from a therapist or professional technician for adjustment.